STRINGYBARK CREEK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suttons armour

2 posters

Go down

Suttons armour Empty Suttons armour

Post  brian murphy Sat 9 Jan - 11:05:29

Denheld has posted a two-minute video clip showing us viewers the process of cutting a piece of metal resembling joe Brynes breastplate

Conveniently bill has withheld from writing an in-depth write-up, unlike you bill. Why is this? Please explain. Though We're not holding our breath.

Bill goes on to say.
'See how hard blacksmiths had to chop"
Bill you don't appear to be chopping hard at all. In fact you make it look easy. Tell us viewers the thickness of the metal you are toying with? Also include the thickness of Brynes breastplate and that of Darrens off cut.

Bill will you be able to execute the same result using the exact same thickness metal to that of the armour? I would like to see you do that.  

Hot cut vs. cold cut
The signature of both types of cuts would differ Significantly. Why don't you show us a hot and cold cut using exactly the same method in the above video clip.  

Your findings is far more distorted than the piece you cut with a 21st century tool.  

Dees reply from her blog
"Great Video Bill and now we all know what you look and sound like!"
C'mon dee are you for real? There is no end to you deceitful ways. I recall you had a phone conversation with Bill and Bill's mugshot is plastered all over net.

Last edited by brian murphy on Sun 10 Jan - 8:41:58; edited 1 time in total

brian murphy

Back to top Go down

Suttons armour Empty Suttens reply

Post  Geoff Sat 9 Jan - 11:32:56

Darren Sutton bites back at Bill.

Bill,

Up until now I have let your comments go unanswered.
Your video showing you cutting a piece of mild steel must be some sort of joke. If you think that the armour piece I have was cut off this way then it shows your total lack of understanding of metal working, blacksmithing and metallurgy.

I will correct the following points.

1) The armour was heated to at least 800 degrees to enable it to be cut.

2) The armour was cut from the outside of the suit not the inside.

3) The armour was not cut on a flat steel bench or block.

4) The armour was not made from mild or black steel.

I will qualify these comments.

1) The metal would shatter if heated to less than 800 degrees which is why there is a crack in the armour offcut. The metal was not hot enough at that point.

2) The armour clearly has chisel marks from the front of the piece, not the back as you insist on believing.

3) The armour was cut from the outside over a curved piece of boilerplate on 1 ½” thick. I have that item, recovered from the forge site. It matches the curve perfectly as witnessed by reputable people.

4) Go back to the ANSTO report and read what the metal actually was.

Bill, I thought you were more intelligent than to stoop to making videos and comments about something you know absolutely nothing about to try and discredit me. 

Your comments on this are poorly researched, based on a total lack of understanding of the processes involved, and after getting some advice yesterday are potentially defamatory.

I would suggest you wait until August when I will reveal all, including your attempts to use me and my items to make you look good.

Thank You.

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Suttons armour Empty Re: Suttons armour

Post  Admin Sat 9 Jan - 12:05:33

Appreciate the input guest. In future please acknowledge where you have sourced your information from.

ie) http://kellylegend.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/kelly-vault-forgery.html#comment-form

A fresh look at how Joe's armour was forged
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://stringybarkcreek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza Tue 19 Jan - 22:45:20

spoke to me good pal a smithy by trade see what he reckons hey we wait and see boys

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  brian murphy Wed 20 Jan - 10:51:34

Sounds good bazza

brian murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: