STRINGYBARK CREEK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bewildering nonsense

Go down

Bewildering nonsense Empty Bewildering nonsense

Post  Noel Thu 14 Jan - 20:23:15

Hello from WA
Back in 2015 I watched a documentary that aired on ABC. Hosted by renowned Archaeologist Adam Ford. The series ran for three seasons. Who’s Been Sleeping In My House? Now I don't normally question the experts, but on this occasion I will.  

Unbeknown to me the history of the hotel up until the time the documentary was aired. I don't have a problem with neither the host nor special guests. However I feel the wool has being pulled over our eyes. Towards the end of the documentary, Adam calls upon Matt Shores expertise and is asked if the hotel was indeed around the time of the kelly's timeline.
After a brief consultation, Matt Shore directs the viewers to a page from Ian Jones A short life and reads out. In the bewildering switchbacks they travelled down past Merton-avoiding a police contingent at Nolan's pub Page 54
From that moment on, it was settled, Both Adam and the owner of the hotel are elated, they have their proof. But do they? It would hardly holdup in court.
Taking matters into my own hands, I delved into the unknown. Checking several sources including the notes at the rear of Ian Jone's book; In the end I was none the wiser.
Therefore is it fair to say that we must accept what Ian Jones wants us to believe? Is this just another tall tale from Ian like so many others? Why didn't Adam Ford question Matt further? Why didn't Matt provide further proof?
Lets get it straight. I'm not disputing the authenticity of the hotel but the facts related to it, I hardly call it credible proof.

Another matter I'll like to bring to your attention. Was it Ned who actually fired at the hotel? Me think possibly not.

A learning curve from me thanks for listening
Noel

Noel

Back to top Go down

Bewildering nonsense Empty Re: Bewildering nonsense

Post  PaulT Fri 15 Jan - 14:54:55

wife and i also watched the documentary shame its no loner being aired. Noel your a bit harsh on jones back off a bit fellow. The other point you make we also felt was vague reply

PaulT

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 Jan - 23:42:42

Is anyone having difficulties viewing the video of the Merton hotel? It's been taken off-line.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://stringybarkcreek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza Tue 19 Jan - 22:32:01

hey admin gday to ya mate. yeah mate the link is broken hey shout ya a pot if ya find a working link hey

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum